Monday, January 18, 2016

Custom Order - Business Logo Coasters

These custom coasters were created for a local business. After a busy holiday craft season, most Michael's stores sold out of the birch base coasters that I have been buying for the past three years -  I probably bought them all (haha). Fortunately for me, I stumbled upon an awesome Etsy called "The Shindiggity Shoppe" where I purchased 25 birch wood disks that ended up being WAY nicer than the wood pieces I used originally - better quality overall and quick delivery. I highly recommend this shop for anyone who is interested in creating something similar!

In the picture below, I sketched a hair salon's logo onto the surfaces, placed a calligraphy metal tip on my Walnut Hollow Creative Versa Tool, and used the highest heat setting to permanently burn the logo onto the coasters. To finish the set, I stained the pieces with a coating of Minwax Wood Finish and sealed them with Minwax Polycrylic Finish to protect them from water marks, scratches, and other potential damage. 




No comments:

Post a Comment